Teaching Online Listserv
What is the Online Teaching Listserv?
Instructors interested in online learning are invited to subscribe to Texas State’s Teaching Online listserv. Subscribers will receive periodic emails from others on the list and may also send emails to the list.
The Teaching Online listserv has several goals, including:
- Provide online instructors at Texas State with a communication venue in which they can exchange ideas, share frustrations and successes, and suggest solutions when pedagogical and technical issues related to online learning arise;
- Raise awareness of best practices in online education to help improve the quality of online course offerings; and
- Showcase different methods for delivering content, building communities, and developing assessments.
How to subscribe:
- Complete form at this link: https://groups.txstate.edu/mailman/listinfo/teachingonline. You can only subscribe using a Texas State email address (i.e. ending in @txstate.edu).
- Look for an email confirming your request. You must click a link in the email to confirm that you want to join the list.
- A list moderator will accept your request (assuming it comes from a txstate.edu email address).
- You will receive a welcome message and can begin emailing the list at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once enrolled, we invite new subscribers to introduce themselves to the list (by emailing email@example.com). Let us all know your name, department, teaching and research areas, and why you signed up for this list.
- To change preferences, such as opting to receive emails from the list in daily digest form, visit this page (https://groups.txstate.edu/mailman/listinfo/teachingonline), enter your email address in the bottom-most box, login, and adjust your settings accordingly.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the Teaching Online listserv, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.