Affordable Learning Materials Grant
Faculty Affordable Learning Materials Implementation Grant
Request for Applications
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2022
The Affordable Learning Materials Implementation Grant Program is established to enhance quality in course offerings and reduce the costs of educational materials for students at Texas State University through grants to support the redesign of courses using no-cost materials (including existing OER).
The Affordable Learning Materials Implementation Grant Request for Application (RFA):
- Up to $5000 to support faculty or faculty teams in the redesign of courses for using no-cost materials and/or existing OER.
“Open Educational Resources are teaching, learning, and research resources that reside in the public domain or have been released under an intellectual property license that permits their free use and repurposing by others. OER include full courses, course materials, modules, textbooks, streaming videos, tests, software, and any other tools, materials, or techniques used to support access to knowledge.” -- Hewlett Foundation
This RFA encourages faculty applicants from all academic disciplines and in both undergraduate and graduate education with an emphasis on making awards where:
- the application proposes a notable reduction in instructional costs for the student,
- the impact of the course development and subsequent cost savings will reach many students,
- all required and optional learning materials used in the redesigned course must be no-cost and/or licensed as OER,
- the application proposes partnerships with the University Libraries and instructional design support through the Office of Distance and Extended Learning for course development,
- the application details an assessment plan that will compare the effect on teaching and learning of the course redesign and implementation of no-cost materials, and
- there is a clear commitment to offering the newly redesigned course regularly.
- Please download and read the full RFA document (Located below) for details about how to apply. Then, download the application form to get started. An application form with some example text and in-line guidance for each section is also available through the links on the right.
All inquiries and communications concerning this RFA will be directed via email to:
Dana R. Willett
Assistant Vice President, Office of Distance and Extended Learning