LxD Courses & Workshops
Online Teaching Certification Courses
|Please note that the following courses and workshops will be suspended after May 2019 as we prepare to integrate our new LMS system. Stay tuned for future opportunities.|
Foundations of Online Course Design and Development
Instructors design and develop one online lesson and the course components required for that lesson.
Advanced Online Course Design and Development
Instructors design and develop a fully online course, including all course components. Participation requires the department chair’s approval, including support for a course release funded by the Office of the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.
We offer or assist with the following workshops throughout the year.
- Manage an Online Course and Still Have a Life (1 hr)
- Introduction to Rubrics (1 hr)
- Using Online Discussions Effectively (1 hr)
- Hybrid Course Teaching Experiences (1 hr)
- Online Collaboration: Supporting Student Teamwork (1 hr)
Email any questions you may have about these courses and webinars to Michelle Read @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-245-7372/512-716-2967.