Minimum Technical Skills You Should Have
To successfully participate in any Texas State online or hybrid course, you should have easy access to a computer less than 5 years old with a high-speed Internet connection.
You should also have the ability to:
- Download and install software or plug-ins such as Adobe Reader;
- Use Bobcat mail, including attaching and downloading documents and other files from emails;
- Save files in commonly used word processing formats (for example, .docx, .rtf);
- Copy and paste text and other items on a computer; and
- Save and retrieve documents and files on your computer.
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 or Macintosh® OS X
- Speakers or headphones
- High-speed internet connection
Canvas: See this list of web browsers currently supported by Canvas. On TXST computers, the default version of Firefox is not supported. When in Canvas, if you get a message about the browser not being supported, please switch to another browser (i.e., Google Chrome).
Some videos are delivered via Texas State's streaming media server referred to as Mediaflo. Learn more about requirements for viewing Mediaflo video. If you have problems viewing video in your course, contact the Canvas help team at email@example.com or (512) 245-5566.
Learn how to search Mediaflo video captions.